Monday, May 16, 2011

Day 2: Something You Regret Not Having Done Last Year

Written May 13, 2011


Hmmm, this is a tough one since I actually did a lot of the things I wanted to do last year:

  • get hired on at Stikeman Elliot after my field placement in the Law Clerk program I was doing; 
  • leave Stikeman Elliot after my 3-month contract (lol); 
  • start running and run in my first 5K race; 
  • lose 20 lbs; 
  • come to Korea to teach; 
  • visit Japan; 
  • get LASEK.... 
It was a very accomplished year for me, I'd say. =)

But if I had to pick something, I'd say I regret not having done more research on Korea before coming here. Not saying I wouldn't have come if I had (I may not have come). If I'd done more research, though, I'd have been better prepared to choose a good location and I would have had a better idea of what I was in for. As it was, a lot of things took me by surprise, but dealing with them was a good life lesson.... a lot of good life lessons, actually. And it's been an unparalleled experience.... it's like my Dad says, "Experience is what you get when you don't get what you want." lol Love you Daddy.

No comments: